- Tyreek Hill put in a powerful pursuit sort out in opposition to Falcons linebacker Foyesade Oluokun after an interception on Sunday.
- Hill’s play instantly drew comparisons to a pursuit sort out Seahawks vast receiver DK Metcalf made earlier within the yr.
- Hill beforehand stated he would by no means make a pursuit sort out as a result of his quarterback would by no means throw an interception like that.
- On Sunday, nevertheless, Hill was prepared for motion when the time got here.
- Visit the Insider homepage for more stories.
Tyreek Hill put in a powerful sort out on Falcons linebacker Foyesade Oluokun to avoid wasting a landing after a expensive interception by Patrick Mahomes.
The sport occurred within the third quarter of Sunday’s recreation between the Chiefs and the Falcons. Mahomes pitched the choose because the Kansas Metropolis offense was within the pink zone, with Oluokun instantly breaking the opposite means for what appeared like a possible landing.
However Hill, one of many quickest gamers within the NFL, lower Oluokun earlier than he broke free, kicking the ball out of bounds to stop the pick-six.
—NFL (@NFL) December 27, 2020
It was a unbelievable Hill play, and he had already stated he would by no means should.
When Seahawks wide receiver DK Metcalf pulled off a similar tackle Earlier within the season, Hill was requested if he may have pulled the sport off.
“The DK Metcalf play, it was a really stunning play,” Hill said at the time. “However sadly for me, I may by no means present that as a result of Patrick by no means throws interceptions.”
On the time, Hill was proper to be assured in his prediction – within the first 12 video games of the season, Mahomes had solely thrown two interceptions.
Nonetheless, the Chiefs had been fortunate that Hill was prepared for motion when the time got here, no matter what he had stated up to now.