- A mom was arrested on suspicion of illegal deprivation of liberty and grievous bodily hurt.
- The 70-year-old is believed to have stored her 41-year-old son in captivity for round 28 years.
- Relative discovered man in Stockholm residence coated in “urine, dust and mud”, Swedish newspaper says Expressen.
- The person was taken to hospital for remedy for non-life threatening accidents.
- The mom denies the allegations.
- Visit the Insider homepage for more stories.
A 70-year-old Swedish lady is accused of holding her grownup son in captivity for 28 years, police say.
In line with prosecutors, she was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of illegal deprivation of liberty and grievous bodily hurt.
Police have now cordoned off the Stockholm suburban residence and are searching for witnesses.
Relative found the 41-year-old, in response to Swedish newspaper Expressen. She entered the unlocked residence after studying that the person’s mom had been admitted to hospital over the weekend, in response to the report.
She advised the newspaper that the residence was like stepping right into a horror film. The person was coated in “urine, dust and mud” and smelled “rotten,” in response to the report, citing the girl. His physique was stained with wounds and pus, and all of his tooth had been lacking, she mentioned on the exit, including that he was additionally unable to talk coherently.
The relative known as an ambulance, and the person was then taken to hospital and handled for non-life threatening accidents, mentioned Emma Olsson, a Stockholm prosecutor. Reuters.
Olsson advised the information company: “He’s now within the hospital … I do know he wanted surgical procedure.”
The mom is believed to have imprisoned her youngster for the primary time when he was round 13 years outdated. He was taken out of faculty when he was in seventh grade, the mum or dad advised the TV station. SVT.
She advised SVT that the household was “dysfunctional” and that the mom had turn out to be “overprotective” of her son after dropping a toddler a number of years earlier.
The mom denies the allegations. In line with native police, an investigation is underway.