- State troopers have pulled over to assist a person who crashed on the freeway in Miami.
- After they did, they smelled an odor coming from the trunk, which turned out to be from a corpse.
- Detectives arrested the driving force on prices of taking pictures and killing his good friend, an aspiring hip-hop star, earlier than transporting the physique in his trunk.
- Visit the Insider homepage for more stories.
A person from Virginia was driving on a freeway in Miami on Sunday when he was concerned in a site visitors accident. When the Florida State Troopers pulled over to assist, they discovered the driving force stashing the physique of his good friend, an aspiring hip-hop star, within the trunk, The Miami Herald reported.
On Monday, detectives arrested driver Robert Deupree Avery Coltrain, 25, on prices of second diploma homicide and unlawful transport of human stays, the Herald reported.
Brian Trotter, referred to as an artist as “Kent won’t stop,” had been lacking from Virginia since October 17. He was 25 years outdated.
– Tisha Lewis FOX 5 DC (@TishaLewis) October 27, 2020
Trotter and Coltrain had been mates for over a decade and had performed sports activities collectively, The Herald reported based mostly on interviews with the household. They labored collectively to advertise their music, in response to the newspaper.
On Oct. 17, Coltrain visited Trotter’s Triangle, Va., To choose him up earlier than a visit to Washington, DC, Trotter’s father advised the Herald.
When he didn’t return dwelling and reply calls, Trotter’s household filed a lacking individual report, in response to Fox 5 DC reporter Tisha Lewis.
Trotter’s household turned notably involved once they noticed social media posts that the musical artist owed somebody cash, Lewis tweeted.
Detectives consider Coltrain shot and killed Trotter earlier than stuffing his physique into the trunk, in response to the Herald.